If you’re a nerd and reading this, first, thank you. You and many others would know that there has been a huge shift in the nerd world today.
But first let me address the non-nerds as well. Non-nerds, this will affect you too because you will know someone who’s probably already talking about it and on the verge of exploding with excitement.
Disney and Disneyland have launched another wave of Star Wars hype, but it’s really more than hype. Bonus: it’s for us to go crazy over.
- Disneyland, CA launched for the first time ever in anticipation of Episode VII, Season of the Force
- The much anticipated video game Star Wars Battlefront was released tonight at midnight
Being on social media during work was almost Jabba imprisonment today.
There was so much hype and FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) about all things Star Wars. I couldn’t wait to get through Monday and get to home. There were even daydreams of hightailing it to Disneyland to meet up with my friends.
Needless to say, I sensed the disturbance in the workforce all day.
But while in FOMO mode I thought about why I was excited for all this Star Wars pandemonium yet again…
- Star Wars unites generations since the 70s (and even before).
- It continues an epic tale that we all get to be a part of more interactively now more than ever.
- The nerd world has emerged and evolved in a positive way so much even since Episode III.
I’m just glad there are people like George Lucas and J.J. Abrams who are out there to do it for us.